Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MartinV56's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2007
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer

    Hi Gents,

    I found a pair of Altec 427-8A High Transducer, I dont have the general specs.
    Number is 3108407, That HF is used in the Altec Stonehenge I. Someone familiar with the specifications?, thanks, Martin

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MartinV56's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2007
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer

    Altec 427-8A High Transducer

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer

    Most likely not an Altec made part. They bought a lot of drivers for their stereo speaks.

    Just look up the specs of the cab it came in, will give you crossover point and how efficient a woofer it will keep up with.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer

    I hoped I'd get lucky and the 3108407 would be an EIA date code, but if so, then it's Superior Tube Co which doesn't seem likely, so all I know about these speakers are here and of course the tweeter could be shelved, so you'll probably have to measure them to get any useful design info:

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ome/page07.jpg

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ers/page04.jpg

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member J Rome's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: need info on Altec 427-8A High Transducer

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinV56 View Post
    Hi Gents,

    I found a pair of Altec 427-8A High Transducer, I dont have the general specs.
    Number is 3108407, That HF is used in the Altec Stonehenge I. Someone familiar with the specifications?, thanks, Martin
    MartinV56, I'm in the process of restoring a pair of Altec Stonehenge I speakers. One of the HF transducers is damaged and not repairable. Would you be intrested in selling one or both the the Altec 427-8A HF transducers you found. If so how much would you want?

    Thanks,
    J Rome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.